- Includes 3 brushes with a comfortable grip designed to reach inside all Drinkwell fountains and remove obstructions, dirt, and sediment
- Designed to work with all Drinkwell fountains
- Flared sponge tip provides deep cleaning
- Regular cleaning prolongs the life of Drinkwell fountains and pumps and ensures proper performance and filtration for your pet
- Made to easily clean hard to reach spots
How to Use:
- Unplug the fountain.
- Dump the water.
- Disassemble the fountain.
- The fountain is dishwasher safe except for the motor and cord. Either wash in the top rack of your dishwasher or hand-wash these parts. If your dishwasher runs too hot, we recommend handwashing. When handwashing, use a bottle brush, aquarium brush, soft sponge, or brushes included in the Fountain Cleaning Kit and dish soap. (Please note: if you have the Avalon or Pagoda fountains, the filter housing is hand wash only. It is not dishwasher safe.)
- Remove the motor from the fountain.
- Lift the impeller (looks like a small white propeller) out of the motor. There may be a faceplate cover over the impeller than can be pulled up with a coin or fingernail. Wash the impeller in soapy water, removing hair and other gunk that has collected around it.
- Pour soapy water inside the motor cavity and clean with a small round brush like the one found in the Fountain Cleaning Kit. A cotton swab or small toothbrush might work too, or anything that can reach all the way inside of the cavity.
- Rinse all parts well before returning to the fountain.
- Re-assemble fountain, replacing the filter and pre-filter as needed.
- Place the fountain where desired. Fill with water. Re-plug in fountain.